[学习经历]每天一小段英语(47) [复制链接]

上一主题 下一主题
在线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       图酷模式  只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0楼 发表于: 2016-04-23
Oh, and you’re upside-down. This is because liquid nitrogen boils off gradually from the top of the container. Normally, it’s no problem—the staff tops it off about once a week. But if, in some worst-case scenario, a container was forced to be left for a long time, the head would be the last thing to be affected—upside-down patients means it would take six months before the nitrogen boiled off so far that the head would be exposed. ?=/l@d  
然后你会颠来倒去的,因为在容器上方的液氮慢慢沸腾。一般是没什么问题的,员工会一周倒过来一次。但是如果你在45个头的容器里那就会被放在那很长时间,因为液氮沸腾你的头暴露在上面需要6个月。 e 6*=Si}V  
L6T_&AiL$  
And when it comes to blackouts, cryonics patients are totally safe—there’s no electricity involved in their storage. zx27aZ[  
直到容器里一片黑,冷冻会员就安全了,容器里不再通电。 _N6GV$Q  
k.%F!sK  
And this is where you’ll hang out. Maybe for 10 years. Maybe for 150 years. Maybe for 1,200 years. But the time doesn’t matter to you. You’re on pause. o%:eYl  
你会一直被放在那里,也许是10年,也许是150年,1,200年也有可能。时间对你来说不是问题,因为你暂停了。 Wxjpe4  
lI9 3{!+>  
Now’s a good time for us to take a step back and look at the big picture. If Point A is “I’ve decided I want to sign up for cryonics,” and Point B is “Oh cool it’s the year 2482 and here I am doing stuff,” there are four major Ifs that need to all go the right way to take you from A to B: ^IpS 3y  
看看下面一张图,点A:“我决定报名冷冻”,点B:“我活在2482”。从A到B有4大条件: f4q-wX_1  
945psG@|  
1) If I legally die in a not really bad way and everything goes as planned with getting me into the thermos JmkJ^-A 6  
我正常法定死亡,一切都按计划进行 9 wc=B(a|  
Hogr#Sn2  
and ~c4Y*]J  
2) If future humanity ever reaches a point where it has the technology to revive me to full health Lxl?6wZ  
未来人类达到原封不动复活我的技术 q6q= ,<T%S  
b~r ?#2K  
and }U9e#>e x  
3) If the cryonics company can manage to store me safely and uninterrupted until that point ,M9'S;&^  
直到2),冷冻公司完好地不间断地保存了我 k:f Rk<C  
E)Dik`Ccl  
and |$Td-M^)  
4) If when that point comes, the outside world actually does take action to revive me ipsNiFv:  
直到2),外面的人类真的复活我 46b.= }  
61wiXX"N  
—then I’ll be there in 2482 doing stuff. E>&dG:3no  
——那么我能活在2482年 OnG?@sW+4!  
3'8~H]<W  
The eight steps you’ve taken so far that start with choosing a cryonics company and end with you in the thermos only accomplish the first If, with all the other Ifs still standing in between you and the next step in your cryonics journey—revival. FkH4|}1  
这8步包括了从选冷冻公司到达到第一大条件、另三大条件都达成、冷冻公司的复活。 # aC}\  
GE>&fG  
To understand how we can reach that step, we need to understand the deal with all four Ifs. *Nv<,Br,F  
想要理解我们如何才能达到复活那步,我们还需要理解4大条件。 ,\VNs'j  
xMe[/7)4  
We’ll start by talking about Ifs 1-3, which need to be discussed together, because they’re interdependent and they work together. To illustrate why, let’s lay them out in the same visual: h-<+Pjc  
1-3条件它们相互依赖,一起进行,要放在一起先讨论。为了阐述它们,我把它们放在图里一起说: , =#'?>Kq  
}RXm=ArN  
o^Ms(?K%t  
{L#Pdj{  
[xHK^JP 8F  
tYnNOK*|  
(u *-(  
T3\Q<  
为了读者看到更好的排版,更方便的阅读,我弄了个微信订阅号:enhanver(无广告,无推广)   IyMKV$"  
逆天pcb是首发平台,在微信订阅号中会进一步修改硬错误   s+aeP  
对于我的翻译,欢迎大家提出意见,纠正错误(论坛和微信都会收到消息)   1|2X0Xm{  
谢谢支持,谢谢原作者。望大家有所收获 7uYJ _R  
[ 此帖被命运号角在2016-04-23 22:56重新编辑 ]

评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

一般

差劲
新人一枚
在线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2016-04-23
每日一词 gE|_hfm(  
illustrate -r[l{ce  
vt. 阐明,举例说明;图解 sk 9*3d5I  
vi. 举例

新人一枚
在线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2016-04-23
top off (i1 ]+.  
结束;完成

新人一枚
离线鲲鹏展翅

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 3楼 发表于: 2016-04-23
学习了,谢谢楼主!

离线shakencity

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2019-04-18
e’ll start by talking about Ifs 1-3, which need to be discussed together, because they’re interdependent and they work together. To illustrate why, let’s lay them out in the same visual:

在线ghx123

性别:
人妖
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 2023-06-08

在线ghx123

性别:
人妖
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2023-06-09