上一主题 下一主题
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0楼 发表于: 2016-05-20
{-]HYk  
And then there’s the elephant in the room—this part of the sentence: …and the community of hard-core cryonics people might also be a Scientology-like cult. jO N}&/  
而房间中大象问题的这句话:…and the community of hard-core cryonics people might also be a Scientology-like cult. `} Zbfe~  
92ww[+RQ@  
I put that in there because when you’re examining something that involves A) a fringe community, B) the possible concept of immortality, and C) members paying large sums of money for services that they’re told might pan out 1,000 years from now—you have no choice but to put up your “Is this a Scientology-y thing?” antenna. `Ta(P30  
我写在那里是因为测试某物时候包括:A)边缘社区,B)不朽的可能情况,C)会员了解到1000年后会被复活而投入大量钱。这样你只能伸出你“这符合科学吗”这个问题的触须。 bh6wI%8H  
;Sl0kSu  
One way to let that antenna do its work is to read a bunch of stuff written by smart, credible people who think the whole thing is utter BS. If anything will disenchant you to the excitement of something as out there as cryonics, it’s experts telling you why it should be ignored. GYmBxX87  
一种使用触须的方法是读聪明可信的人写的认为整件事彻底无用的言论。如果有什么能让你从兴奋变为清醒,比如人体冷冻法,那一定是专家说的它应该被放弃的一些理由。 gbv[*R{<%  
&UH z  
So I did that. And as I read, I weighed what I read against the rebuttal from cryonicists, which I’d often find on Alcor’s highly comprehensive FAQ page. Other resources for the cryonicist viewpoint are the thorough FAQ of the Cryonics Institute’s ex-president, Ben Best, Alcor’s Science FAQ and Alcor’s Myths page. ]8nm9qmF<  
所以我这样去找,我浏览了Alcor网站的综合问答,仔细研究了冷冻专家的反驳言论,还有冷冻前任主席Ben Best的观点、Alcor的科学问答、Alcor的漫谈未来。

评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

一般

差劲
新人一枚
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥