帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0楼 发表于: 2016-05-31
ce\]o^4  
Pro-cryonics scientist Ralph Merkle says it well: 5vj;lJKcd`  
前冷冻专家Ralph Merkle说得好: yo`Jp$G  
)C5<puh  
The correct scientific answer to the question “Does cryonics work?” is: “The clinical trials are in progress. Come back in a century and we’ll give you an answer based on the outcome.” The relevant question for those of us who don’t expect to live that long is: “Would I rather be in the control group, or the experimental group?” We are forced by circumstances to answer that question without the benefit of knowing the results of the clinical trials. $*V:; -H  
对“人体冷冻法会成功吗”这个问题的正确科学的答案是:“临床实验在进行中,一个世纪后再来看看,我们会给你一个有结果的答案”。不想活的长的人应该这样问:“我愿意充当实验对照组还是实验组?”我们因现状不得不用没有临床实验结果来回答这些问题。 ZMy0iQ@  
2i;G3"\  
The only way to shoot down a response that says, “We don’t know but we might as well try” is to say, “There is definitely no point in trying because it’s impossible.” And very few credible scientists would claim to have that conviction about things as mysterious as the workings of the brain and the possibilities of the far future. l Ot3^`  
反驳争论的唯一方法是说:“我们虽然不知道但也要尝试一下”,接下来又会收到:“肯定没有必要,因为这是不可能的。”很少有可信的科学家对像大脑工作机理、预测未来一样神秘的东西的原理坚定不移。 rP>iPDf  
4P( Y34j  
The other thing that struck me as I learned about cryonics is that cryonicists aren’t usually “salesy” at all when they talk about cryonics. The impression I got from my research is that cryonicists tend to be well-educated, rational, realistic, and humble about what they know and don’t know. They readily admit the problems and shortcomings of the field and they’re careful to use measured, responsible language so as not to distort the nuances of the truth.And despite a general lack of support from the mainstream medical community, plenty of reputable scientists have become fervent cryonicists. B?'`\q) UL  
还有一个令我震惊的是我发现冷冻专家谈到人体冷冻法时很专业。他们给我的印象是受过良好教育、理性又现实主义的,他们知之为知之不知为不知。他们乐意承认这个领域的问题和不足,他们用已知,负责的语言以避免扭曲事实。尽管缺少主流医疗界的支持,很多知名科学家因对人体冷冻法的热衷而成为了冷冻专家。

评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

一般

差劲
新人一枚
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2016-05-31
clinical trials obKWnet  
临床试验

新人一枚
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2016-05-31
no point in trying $_CE!_G&)  
没有必要在。。

新人一枚

性别:
人妖
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 3楼 发表于: 2017-04-12
学习英语

离线shakencity

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2018-12-19
The only way to shoot down a response that says, “We don’t know but we might as well try” is to say, “There is definitely no point in trying because it’s impossible.” And very few credible scientists would claim to have that conviction about things as mysterious as the workings of the brain and the possibilities of the far future.

快速回复
限150 字节

上一个 下一个