上一主题 下一主题
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看楼主 倒序阅读 使用道具 0楼 发表于: 2016-06-05
3&x-}y~sg  
Looking at this through a zoomed out lens was a big Whoa Moment epiphany for me. Suddenly, I saw the cryonicists of the world in the same light as those rare ancient people trying to understand how earthquakes work so they could be best prepared for the next one, and I realized that when I shook my head at Peter Thiel, I was being like one of the hordes of ancient people who worshipped the gods that had punished us with that earthquake and who wanted to burn those rare scientists at the stake for their blasphemous thinking. +`sv91c  
通过深究我恍然大悟。突然我觉得冷冻专家就像古人尝试理解地震来准备好下一震。我认识到我对Peter Thiel的否定就像古游牧人崇拜上帝,认为地震是对他们的惩罚,他们要为冷冻专家的亵渎神灵处以火刑。 .^bft P\  
a,o_`s<  
I started this post thinking I’d simply write a “mini post” about this little community of cryonicists and what they were trying to do and ended it staring at another example of today’s self-proclaimed science-minded rationalists being tomorrow’s idol-worshippers. i_kE^SSgm  
我本来想写一篇关于冷冻专家群体和他们所做的小短文的,但却以今天的自命科学头脑唯理主义者是明天的偶像崇拜者的事例为结尾。 =E&OuX-R  
#eN{!Niy&U  
I also saw my conception of end-of-life morality flip itself on its head. At the beginning of my research, my question was, “Is cryonics an okay thing to do?” By the end, the question was , “Is it okay to not sign up a dying child for cryonics, or will future people view that the way we see a parent refusing to allow life-saving medical treatment to their child for religious reasons?” nkv(~ej(  
我还认识到我对生命结束的概念有了180度大转弯。在研究一开始,我的问题是“人体冷冻法真的有用吗?”到最后问题变成了“不给即死儿童报名冷冻真的好吗?现在的父母因宗教原因拒绝给孩子可能救命的医疗,未来的人们看待这个问题的态度会和我们一样吗?”

评价一下你浏览此帖子的感受

精彩

感动

搞笑

开心

愤怒

一般

差劲
新人一枚
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2016-06-05
epiphany @FN*TJ  
对事物真谛的顿悟;主显节(每年一月六日纪念耶稣显灵的节日);显现(特指神的显现)

新人一枚
离线命运号角

性别:
帅哥
发帖
金币
提示:会员销售的附件,下载积分 = 版块积分 + 销售积分       只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2016-06-05
rationalist ]J2:194  
n. 理性主义者,唯理主义者

新人一枚
离线爱伤影313

性别: