回帖

积分

二级逆天

命运的号角已经吹响

积分

社区居民忠实会员社区劳模原创达人终身成就奖金点子奖优秀斑竹奖

QQ
发表于 2016-6-2 22:47:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
But this post has forced me to take a big step back—back to where I can see death not as a moment but as a process, back to where I can see the human lifespan as a product of our times, not our biology, and back to where I see the concept of human health spread out along the spans of time and where I can imagine how future humans will see our current times of helplessness in the face of biological deterioration.
但是这篇文章使我认识到死亡是个过程而不是一瞬,人类寿命是时间而不是生物学的产物,看着人类的健康随着时间的跨度变化,我能想象到未来人类面对我们现在生物退化中对时间的无助感会有何感想。

From way out here, it hits you that we’re living in a phase—a sad little window that an intelligent species inevitably passes through, when they’re advanced enough to understand their own mortality, but still too primitive to save themselves from it. We grapple with this by treating death like a tyrannical overlord we wouldn’t dare try to challenge, not even in our own private thoughts. We’ve been universally defeated and dominated by this overlord for as long as we’ve existed, and all we know how to do is bow down to it in full resignation of its power over us.
为了改变现状,我们生活在这样的一个阶段:一个智慧物种要穿过一扇小窗,但是太落后了以至于难以自救。我们为此把死亡当作一个不敢去挑战的暴君,我们已经被暴君打败和控制了很久,为了顺从他的力量我们只能对他卑躬屈膝。
新人一枚
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

回帖

积分

二级逆天

命运的号角已经吹响

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2016-6-2 22:47:37 | 显示全部楼层
lifespan
n. 寿命;预期生命期限;预期使用期限
新人一枚
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

回帖

积分

二级逆天

命运的号角已经吹响

积分

QQ
 楼主| 发表于 2016-6-2 22:47:59 | 显示全部楼层
grapple with
v. 扭打;努力克服
新人一枚
回复

使用道具 举报

该用户从未签到

主题

回帖

积分

三级逆天

积分

社区居民终身成就奖特殊贡献奖原创先锋奖优秀斑竹奖

QQ
发表于 2019-11-27 08:45:59 | 显示全部楼层
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

Copyright ©2011-2024 NTpcb.com All Right Reserved.  Powered by Discuz! (NTpcb)

本站信息均由会员发表,不代表NTpcb立场,如侵犯了您的权利请发帖投诉

平平安安
快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表